15 Sport back at dealer Chk engine light ... Again | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

15 Sport back at dealer Chk engine light ... Again

TTSport15

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 ford explorer sport
Had the truck thr a lil over a month ago they had it for several days said it was a sensor issue fast forward lights back now I get a call they say it's the same code with a possible wiring issue they won't have any answers until Tuesday plans on the beach for holiday weekend ruined... ...They provided a loaner car ( the thing is hideous) looks like an ugly Prius ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had the truck thr a lil over a month ago they had it for several days said it was a sensor issue fast forward lights back now I get a call they say it's the same code with a possible wiring issue they won't have any answers until Tuesday plans on the beach for holiday weekend ruined... ...They provided a loaner car ( the thing is hideous) looks like an ugly Prius ...

Beach plans being ruined are the worst! Please send me a private message with your name, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealer; I'll see how I can help.

Rachel

Beach plans being ruined are the worst! Please send me a private message with your name, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealer; I'll see how I can help.

Rachel
They said they will let me know Tuesday if it seems like I'm getting the run around I will send you my info after... Thank you

I feel your pain on the out of service time! I just got mine back after a week in the shop and me in a '15 Focus. So far I have spent over 3 weeks in loaners in the 11 months I have had this car. The worst part is having to get special permission from Ford every time I need a loaner.

My 16 sport had a similar issue. The check engine light would come on intermittently and I ended up going to the dealership 4-5 times for it. Mine would shut off and come on at random. After replacing a number of sensors repeatedly, they ended up replacing the cars computer. I have been driving for 4 months now with no CEL.

The techs have said that the codes were showing that it was a bad sensor however when they isolated the sensor and tested it separately, it was fine. They did mention that it could have been a short in a wire that was also replaced with the computer.

Good luck, I know that I didn't buy a 3 row SUV to spend my time in a 2-liter econo car...

Exactly now I'm cruising the holiday weekend in a cmax or whatever that hideous thing is ....What u describe is exactly what I'm going through ...

They said they will let me know Tuesday if it seems like I'm getting the run around I will send you my info after... Thank you

Sounds like a plan, TTSport15! :)

I feel your pain on the out of service time! I just got mine back after a week in the shop and me in a '15 Focus. So far I have spent over 3 weeks in loaners in the 11 months I have had this car. The worst part is having to get special permission from Ford every time I need a loaner.

My 16 sport had a similar issue. The check engine light would come on intermittently and I ended up going to the dealership 4-5 times for it. Mine would shut off and come on at random. After replacing a number of sensors repeatedly, they ended up replacing the cars computer. I have been driving for 4 months now with no CEL.

The techs have said that the codes were showing that it was a bad sensor however when they isolated the sensor and tested it separately, it was fine. They did mention that it could have been a short in a wire that was also replaced with the computer.

Good luck, I know that I didn't buy a 3 row SUV to spend my time in a 2-liter econo car...

I'm glad they were able to get it figured out, RealtorMatt. If you have any Ford questions or concerns in the future, please reach out!

Rachel

Exactly now I'm cruising the holiday weekend in a cmax or whatever that hideous thing is ....What u describe is exactly what I'm going through ...

At least you had a vehicle, yes less than ideal but could have been worse or out of your pocket.
Let's hope they figure out what is going wrong with your Sport.

Back