expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
white saleens or 20" white???

anybody make these? know where i can find some? i can't find anything but blingy wheels in those sizes for an explorer right now. it seems the world is saturated with baller wheels, i want some euro style ya know?

maybe some of those ones like on x-box could be cool.

either way, silver or white wheels, where are they?

btw- anybody want some hellions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found a great site for wheels: Wheel Max They seem to have a little of everything. From taking a quick look, I found these which are available in 19x8 at 5x114.3, but can't determine BS. They seem to have a nice variety tho.
dl46wht.gif

those are definitley the right idea?

do you all think they would be a good upgrade for my truck. i want to upgrade, but i don't want any bling

Yeah, Drew. Something like you're describing would look great on your truck. I thought about getting white cobras when I was wheel shopping.

yep, white cobra 20s would be ideal. and for no more than 800 more than i can sell me hellions for

Others: (available in 19" or 20" and 5x114.3)
z5000wht.gif

s7wht-sm.gif

speedsixwh.gif

gtsportwht.gif

copsewht.gif

firewht.gif

I think white wheels would kick ass on your white ride!!!

i wonder how many of those would actually fit on my ride though- i tried searching over there and nothing like that comes up for trucks and since they don't list backspacing or weight limits i would bet most of those couldn't handle my truck.

Every one of those rims are FWD. You will probably have mild/severe rubbing problems.

The biggest white rim you're gonna find are 18s and they are all rice rims.

Originally posted by expo5.0
i wonder how many of those would actually fit on my ride though- i tried searching over there and nothing like that comes up for trucks and since they don't list backspacing or weight limits i would bet most of those couldn't handle my truck.
The problem your going to have is trying to find an 19" rim that not only will fit your truck but also be able to support the weight, most of those rims like the ones Robb showed are made for imports/ricers etc. And also 19" tires are made in very low profile and you will definitley end of cracking or bending a rim. Trying to find the right 19" tires is not easy either.

The really highest quality 19" rims are from companies like Cargraphic who makes a set for Porsche's, actually the higest quality and lightest/strongest rims are made basically for only Porsches.

I would just go with 20's. I agree though, pretty much all the rim companies are making ugly bling bling rims.

HRE has very nice rims and can make a custom set in 19's for you. however, they are very expensive and I have only seen them on C5 Vettes or 996's and an Escalade.

The first pic that Rob posted, those rims are almost exact copies/cheap knockoffs of SSR GT3's. My neighbor had a set of the 18" SSR GT3's finshed in Satin on his S4 and they looked badass. Obviously S4's are quatto, so maybe the rim would fit your truck? They come in 19" also, and if I remember they are forged so they'll be light and very strong. The problem, would still be trying to find a 19" tire that would support the weight of the truck, I think they only make 19" tires up to the 30 or 35 range at the most...could be wrong though...

-------edited for Hartman b/c he said I sounded like a brokem record lol--------

I have seen the new 20" Cobras, unfortunatley they were on a Mustang, I have no friggen idea why anyone would want any bigger then 18's on a stang bc/ you would have horrible traction problems on the tire you'd have to run. Plus I think he had as much ground clearance as my truck, I wish I could slapped him for disgracing the Stang lol. I think if you search on Stangnet or Corral forums you'll see a pic of a Mustang w/ the rims.

I think the 20" Cobras would look nice on your truck however and it would be very unique as I'm positive nobody has a set on any Ford trucks let alone an Explorer. And it would match perfectly w/ the Cobra "theme" your truck has:D

EDIT - I tried finding a pic of the Stang w/ 20" Cobras but can't find it, when you do a search on the forums you can't search (20") b/c it' too short, and if you type in Cobra rims you end up with hundreds of threads, I went through page after page after page on both forums but couldn't find it. It might have been in a magazine, but I'm pretty sure it was posted on a forum where I saw it, sorry...

Man, you're like a broken record in these rim threads...

White Cobras are what I'm aiming for, although when I actually find them they seem to be priced ridiculously high for what they are- the prices aren't too far off the chrome ones.
Expo 5.0, white rims would look perfect on you truck- I say go with 19's.....PEER PRESSURE.......do it.......do it.....

1- i think white wheels would look hella-sweet on your ride.

2- you're gonna have to pay alot more for a 19" truck tire than you would a 20".

3- you can allways find the wheel you want, then have them powdercoated. a local shop here media-blasts and powdercoats in any color you choose for $75 a wheel.

4- i say get 20" R replica's, and have them powdercoated.

5- even on "import wheels", you dont really need to be concerned with weight. the lowest rated 17" wheel ive seen was for 1200lbs, which would give you a 4800lb limit. even so, all wheels will carry WAY more than they are rated for. its a liability issue. ive seen lots of cheesy wheels in our test lab hold up to **** you would not believe.

20" is fine (lol- why not?) they are just hell to try to find anything. also, part of the reason i'm looking at these is that it should be possible to pick them up for a lot cheaper than chrome. if i am going to have to pay chrome prices for these i will just wait and wait until i find someone selling kmc hellion 20s and just stick with what i like.

i guess i need to figure out how much i can get a set of 20" cobra knock offs for and try and find a place around here that can powdercoat them (or find them in white).

i guess another good option might be to try and get 18 inch white saleen wheels or 18" white cobras. maybe i could almost cover the cost of those with my hellions and it would look almost as good...

i would love to have some anti-bling 20s or 22s though if i could afford them and they existed. i hope you all know what i mean by anti-bling, and i just think it would be sweet to have that type of rim in a bling bling size. its all going to come down to the economics though, especially with my audio budget now soaring about three times as high was originally planned.

anti-bling..... I like that :)

I am with most people here and you. I did not want Bling Bilng. Just sport. You might be able to find wheels that fit the X5 for your ride in 19"s but the cost is too much. I thought about doing that. Just get a good set of 20's and have the powder coated white.

if i can make the 17 by 8 inch kmc hellions fit on the escape then i'm already halfway there- i'm not real smart with this stuff so---- is there any chance of those wheels fitting on the escape? i know it will need adapters for the bolt pattern, and probably spacers or something as well (my wheels are 14mm backspaced). is it possible at all? please tell me it is

I'm pretty sure the escape and explorer both have the same 114.3 x 5 bolt pattern. The only way you're really gonna be able to tell if theres rubbing is if you put one on. Give it a shot.

If you're escape has 16" wheels on it now, then the OD of your pirelli's is basically the same exact size as the escapes 235/70/16. If it's got the 225/70/15's then you tires will be slightly taller.

the bolt pattern is supposedly different, but i'm gonna go try and make sure. i'll throw one on there and let you all know

nevermind all the worrying about putting them on the escape, we put them on and they fit perfectly. no rubbing and the wheels clear all the suspension parts. it even looks like it will fit with the 1.8 inch lowering springs that are soon to come.

now i need to figure this out for real, this IS going to happen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back