19 or 20 inch white 5 spokes? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

19 or 20 inch white 5 spokes?

anybody found lightning replicas in 5 on 4.5? or ones that have room for a pattern change spacer?

white lightning?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my dads got a lot of white lighting hidden in their game room.

as far as finding Lightning wheels in 5on4.5- i dont think its gonna happen. i have never seen any....

the 18 by 9 and 18 by 10 white saleen combo is in the mail from replica-wheels.com

as are 285/50/18 and 255/55/18 nitto 404s from discount tire company

now i get to look forward to driving the suburban to discount tire with the wheels in the back to have the tires mounted and balanced and then installing the wheels myself (which sort of sucks- but it will def. be more fulfilling to put them on one at a time for the first time myself- if you know what i mean). of course the dumb *******s won't install them...

i sure hope the white is the right color and the backspacing works out fine...

wow, that setup is going to look spectacular!! :eek:
Can't wait to see it!

finally, there will be one other streeter on the board with Nitto's. i preach and preach Nitto's.... but no one believes me.:D (of course, now drew is gonna hate them and have lots of trouble with them just because ive been pushing them so hard in every tire thread.)

drew, you MAY have rubbing issues on the front. more than likely the inside lip of the wheel will rub on the lower control arm at full turn. there are several ways to fix this... hit me up when you get them on and we can work on it.

james- will that really be a problem with the 18s? i thought i'd be fine from what i've read. didn't you just grab your grinder and remove a little bit?

btw- i have engine noise in my system! i didn't sleep tonight trying to get everything installed and i can't get rid of the damn noise. however, the subs hit about twice as hard as i expected them to

the fact that they are 18's may indeed fix it. who knows? if it does rub there, it will be very very minor. just enough to knock off the balance weights (just have them use the stick-on weights on the inside of the wheel).

system noise= bad ground (usually)

yeah, i know- i have the worlds greatest ground at this point though i've redone it a few times. i guess i'll just have to go at it again.

where has anybody else grounded too? maybe the places i've tried haven't been as good as some others. but i only have so much 0 guage and i can't get that far so there probably aren't many options

I grounded to a bolt that holds down that flap thing against the back seat.

I grounded my lower control arm a little and fixed the rubbing.

Use stick on wheel weights but put duct tape over them before you mount the wheels. Those weights will fly off before you can say James t is a... well, they will fly off quick. ;)

Originally posted by 98FordX24
... put duct tape over them ...

That is just gross! Plus the fact that will add too much weight. I have the stick on weights and they have not come off.

Best thing would be to use the powder in the tires. I wish I would have done that.

Why is that gross? You can't see it unless you look for it.

the balance powder isnt all its cracked up to be. dont waste your time, as i had absolute HELL with it.

as long as the inside surface of the wheel is super clean (rubbing alcohol), the stick-ons will stick.

I have the stick on weights and they haven't come off either and what powder stuff Black Magic?

Originally posted by jonjones80
I have the stick on weights and they haven't come off either and what powder stuff Black Magic?

The powder is just that. A powder that they put inside your tire and it continusly balances your tires. I hear it works pretty good. It is used on Big Rig trucks.

yeah, thats where i'm grounded too and thats where i designed the ground to be in the system way back in the on paper stage. i think i'm going to remove it all add some silicaon dialectric crap and do even more sanding before bolting it all back together again.

the wheels have stick on weights, and they are no where near rubbing on anything so far as i can tell. but i haven't slept for 43 hours so maybe i dont even know anymroe

since you're on a 43 hour install binge, you could have atleast snapped some pics. :p

I agree

no pics yet but we went cruising tonight with the rims and the rear half of the system installed (no components yet= sadly) and i've never been in a vehicle that got more stares. the difference between the average bystanders response before the wheels and the 15s and after is night and day. kids drop things and adults stop mowing the lawn while teenagers crap their pants. my brother was literally laughing at people the entire time we were driving and four people asked about it at dairy queen.

i did take some pictures though, but they are on regular film. expect to see them later this week but i promise nothing until after the show on sunday

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back