1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project

dart_seneca.jpg
1960-dodge.jpg
Here is a pic of the dash from the same model:
IMG_1124.jpg

The brown car in the attached photo is the actual car I bought. The green car is what they looked like new.

It's a beast that's for sure! I really like the front bumper and the dash on this model. If I decide to keep her my plan is to drop in a ridiculously powerful BB Mopar and have a hell of sleeper on the street:D When I say ridicoulously powerful I'm thinking along the lines of 750 - 1000hp on pump gas:burnout: A turbo motor isn't out of the question.

I'm hoping that buying the car will be more motiviation for me to build a detached garage to store our current rides. I will need the whole attached garage for the restoration on the "new" Dart.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting...I have to say, I'm not a fan of these battleship size cars. There cool, just not for me. I guess it's not as big as the old Cadi't though. :dunno:

Sounds like it will be a sleeper:D

I was just about the ask you if you wanted a '81 Malibu. Arus's great aunt wants to get rid of it, and it has under 50k original miles. To bad it's not something more desirable. :(

Actually the Malibu is a desirable drag car. Don't give it away, it's definitely worth something to the right person.

I had thought about building a '79 since that was the car my grandma bought after she sold me her Dart:D She had that car for nearly 20 years and never got it up to 20,000 miles. I used to visit grandma, pick up her car and drive it "to clean it out". Very cool driving an old car that looked and felt brand new. Sadly she did a lot of damage to it, after which she gave up her license at about 90 years old.

there's something about those old land barges i like. i do however have 6 numbers that can form a sentence.

4-2-6, and 8-7-1

A Hemi is a possibility, but it would probably be more like a 572 Hemi:D No replacement for displacement:burnout: I don't want to cut the hood, so a turbo, or Procharger would be in order.

judging by the Land Yacht you bought, we are going to have to give you a name change,

Captain Rick,, land barge pilot,,,

Cummins??? :p

Hmmm, now you've got me thinkin'!!

Could you imagine the scowls I would get puking thick black diesel smoke out of an old car like that?? No emissions here for '66 and earlier, so there wouldn't be a thing they could do;)

Hmmm, now you've got me thinkin'!!

Could you imagine the scowls I would get puking thick black diesel smoke out of an old car like that?? No emissions here for '66 and earlier, so there wouldn't be a thing they could do;)

Go for the '03 and up common rail so that you could get some clean burn times then when its time to go......

The only thing you would have to watch is routing the exhaust out the right way. Anymore the tracks want stacks or something to keep the smoke out of the sensors.

This car won't see a track. No rollbar.

The engine runs amazingly well. The accelerator pump is bad in the carb though. It needs a shot of gas down the carb to get it started and it will bog if you open the throttle quickly. In the shot of the engine you can see it's running by the blur of the alternator blades.

WOW Rick, nicefind. Being it a Arizona car, looks as if the body and trim are in great condition. And the engine bay looks to be complete. At least the cosmetics will be not a issue with savaging used unknown parts. Nice and complete platform.

What I generally look for on the older cars is availablility to body and trim parts. But that one is a jewel when it comes to the chrome and trim and body panels.

You talk about land barges, I used to own a 73 Plymouth Fury III, that thng was a anchor on 4 run flats. My god, that thing would suck up some fuel.

judging by the Land Yacht you bought, we are going to have to give you a name change,

Captain Rick,, land barge pilot,,,

NAH, just plain ole "SKIPPER" :D

1D7_0907.jpg
Gotta love the hiding place for the spare key!!

Yes, that's water in there. It rained all day yesterday. To get to the key you have to open the hood, and look straight down between the core support and the bumper. It's in a channel on top of the valance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1D7_0900.jpg
1D7_0901.jpg
1D7_0903.jpg
1D7_0904.jpg
1D7_0900.jpg
1D7_0901.jpg
1D7_0903.jpg
1D7_0904.jpg
More pics...

Back