Solved - 1989 Aerostar. No power on the starter relay from the ignition switch. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 1989 Aerostar. No power on the starter relay from the ignition switch.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Well, working under the Aerostar is an exercise in patience. The limited room to maneuver tools (wire crimper etc.) tested my resolve, but I got it done and started the buggy for the first time in a couple weeks. Good to go now. Thanks for the help!

I'm glad the problem wasn't the ignition switch, as there is even less room to maneuver around that area. How do real mechanics get it done?

Your thread was marked solved in green letters for other members to see at a future date to help them solve a similar issue. Most people use car ramps to work under their vehicles. How did you manage to work underneath without lifting it?

To raise the van I jacked it up a couple inches and put jack stands under the frame. I think ramps would have been a much better method but I couldn't get it started (the real problem) to drive up the ramps, so made do with what I had. It's always handy to have a good jack when it's needed.

Thanks again.

Back