Wanted - 1991-1994 Auto Locking Hub | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted 1991-1994 Auto Locking Hub

Parts or services wanted

jmcdowell

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4X4
I am in need of a 1991-1994 ford explorer auto locking hub. I had a pretty bad experience this past weekend when I was towing home my 94 X and the front driver side wheel came off going down the HWY. Needless to say i have to find parts to get it fixed and back up and running through mud. I can find pretty much everything else i need here at the parts house in town... just haveing trouble locating a hub. Please let me know if any one has one or even a pair up for sale.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just one? You may get lucky and find someone who is doing a manual swap, PM them with a message to see if they'll send it out to you dirt cheap. If not the Pick n Pull lots generally (at least in CA) have a large selection of explorers, you can pull one out there. Hell you might get lucky and find some manuals out there too.

yea I am only needing one... when the tire came off im guess the hub was wedged in the rim. When I found the tire and rim 3 and a half hours later and about 400 yards into the woods there was no sign of the hub. Its just too bad all the dang slavage yards around here close at 5:30PM and I dont get out of work until 5PM. Maybe I can get out to a few this weekend and find what I need.

I have a set but I'm in Ohio, don't know if they would get to you fast enuff to get you up and running.

What you be willing to part with them for? as long as I can get them before next weekend I will be good.

Back