1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap

Also, that doesn't look like a first gen water pump, or did I miss where you swapped?

waiting on a couple more parts for the fun to begin

image0.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The orientation of the exhaust manifolds leads me to think of a turbo...….
I'm excited to see how this LS will fit in there. Make sure to show good pics of the mounts and the corresponding necessary mods for it to fit. I like the LS engines. :crazy::sawzall:

Not trying to hijack, but can you just swap the intake straight across from second Gen to first gen?
battery is in the back now
The orientation of the exhaust manifolds leads me to think of a turbo...….
I'm excited to see how this LS will fit in there. Make sure to show good pics of the mounts and the corresponding necessary mods for it to fit. I like the LS engines. :crazy::sawzall:

no turbo, it was just to move it from my house to my friends garage, ill take pics as we go too and post them to show what works and what doesn't work

not much going on just some paint and waiting for more parts
image0.jpg
image0.jpg

subtle Black paint job....

yes it makes a difference the odyssey battery is a sealed gel unit no lead acid or hydrogen offgassing
My battery has been in a box inside the BII for over 10 years now, mine is a normal flooded lead acid battery.......works fine.

LS swap!!! COOL!

Did a thing in the last 24 hrs
lq4
4l80e
241c
dirty dingo mounts 70-78 datsun 280z mounts mounted backwards so the mount would land on the cross member
patriot headers h8073
gm hotrod oil pan clears the stock cross member , i have the giant motor sports ttb dana 44 conversion so it didn't clear that bracket had to cut the oil pan and make it work.
Running ls6 intake manifold since i wasnt sure if the truck manifold would clean the shock mount

6463C40E-79B9-4E2A-88EF-A2BCF803D104.jpeg

As much as I hate to see it, that's bad ass. What you running for a case?

It looks to sit lower than the 4.slow. Hmmmmm, your a bad influence. I’m excited to follow and see how this comes together.

It looks like the steering shaft clears the headers by plenty.
Can you grab some more pics? Like pan clearance at the crossmember and clearance at the firewall, clearance between the transfercase and fuel tank.....(oh, you converted to fuel cell) maybe a good reference pic showing where in the chassis the transfer case ends so we can see if it will fit with the factory fuel tank?

An LS would make my salt-eater-beater way more fun to beat on blasting through snow drifts and such shenanigans.

Here some pics of the header clearance and ended up switching the truck accessories to the Holley mid race accessories

28093563-8AA7-4D12-8982-5FE8CD5CF911.jpeg

CAAE3C75-6833-4E50-850B-251D8F6BD660.jpeg

9F43A4FD-FEB1-40F5-98D7-C5B16D159FAB.jpeg

That appears to fit way better than a 5.0.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any updates on this? Final fuel cell mounting.... What are plans for spare location? Looking at doing fuel cell next on mine. What dimensions on cell did you use. Thanks

Back