1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1992 Explorer Electronic AWD Button not working

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by DZTT, December 14, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. DZTT

DZTT New Member

City, State:
      Dayton, OH
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1999 Mountaineer
      I have a 92 Ford Explorer and am having problems turning on my all wheel drive system. I have the 2 buttons on the dash one for turning it one and one to turn it on in low range. I have had the 4wd working before so I am assuming that its not something mechanical wrong. It is starting to snow here in Ohio and I tried to turn on the 4wd just for the hell of it today. Basically I when I push the 4wd buttons to try and turn it on nothing happens. The yellow light next to the button I select doesnt light up and the 4wd definatlly doesnt turn on. So I am thinking that there has to be something electrical that isn't right. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can look for or check they would be greatly appreaciated.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Glacier991

Glacier991 EF Tranny Guru Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Sacramento, CA 95827
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1992 XLT
      Shift motor. Do a search and you will be overwhelmed with the numbers of posts