1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

1992 Explorer wiring

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by Mike Haas, February 14, 2020 at 7:47 PM.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Mike Haas

Mike Haas New Member

City, State:
    Danville, Pa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1992 Ford Explorer
    Hello,
    Looking to see if anyone has a pin out for the wiring that would go to the ignition switch on the column. We are building an early Explorer to compete in the Line Mountain off road race here in Pa. Rules state we cannot use the factory key switch, so I am running power through two master disconnects, one at the back and one next to the driver seat. Want to make it as simple as possible, Basically want to turn on power with disconnect and hit the push button starter to ignite, but I can't seem to find what I need to tie into at the white plug at factory switch. Cage work is done and as well as the suspension work, just need to do the fuel system and wiring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. RangerX

RangerX Elite Ranger Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Omao, Kauai
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '93 Ranger XLT 4X4
    Welcome, Mike!
    Until somebody smart chimes in, you might browse this thread that possibly has the info: 91-94 X Schematics / Diagrams
    Your build sounds interesting, can you give a quick description of how built up it will be? Maybe post a pic?