• Register Today It's free!

1992 lift help.

Ur2noz83

Reaction score
City, State
Sanger Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer, 96 Ranger
Im a nube, just bought my damn near mint 92 explorer xlt 4x4 for $750. It has a spotless interior, new clutch (5spd), all power options and yes they all work minus the rear windshield wiper. (Im working on it) Only 1 door ding. My plans are to use it for daily driving and for my trips to Colorado. I want to use it for some backroads camping before winter. So...

I have been scouring the site for the past two weeks planning for my new explorer. Still have a few questions.
My goal is for a height like 'Hossexplorer' s 93 has, says 1.5" tough country leveling springs and shackled up the rear with 32"s.

1 will they rub? every site selling springs says max tire size is 31"

I am also not sure about my rear leafs, the stock shackle is damn near sitting on the trailer hitch behind the bumper just sitting in park. So i am leaning toward getting some of the F-150 leafs-

2 What year/model F150 springs do i need? Ive searched hi and low and cannot find details on these topics.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Pics are here, still learning how to post.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/strangely_different/5875655592/in/photostream

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How often will you be here in colorado?

Not very often unfortunately. I went once 2 years ago and fell in love. This time around I want to get more away from the tourist type areas. Im a photographer on the side, getting bored with the North Texas flat lands.

Ok, for now Im just going to replace the shocks and add some shackles to level her back up. I have a little over a month before my trip to deem her road worthy.

Back