1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1993 Ford Explorer 4.0 4x4 Limited

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by jaypbrian, December 21, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jaypbrian

jaypbrian New Member

City, State:
      Fuquay-Varina, NC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      93 Limited 4x4
      .....two Questions....one: Where Is The Pcv Valve Located On This Vehicle?

Two: My Temp. Gauge Goes Up And Down Between Half-way And
      Quarter-way Up On The Gauge. I've Had A Probem With The Coolant Leaking. I've Recently Replaced The Thermostat And I'm Wondering If I Replace The Water Pump, Will That Fix The Up And Down In The Temp Gauge????

Thanks For The Help All....!!!

Jaypbrian

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. MrShorty

MrShorty Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Spanish Fork, UT
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      92 XLT and '87 Bronco II
      1) On my '92, the PCV valve is on the driver's side valve cover, just forward of the vacuum tree on the upper intake manifold.

2) I suppose it would fix it if the water pump were the cause of the erratic temperature reading. You haven't given enough information to determine if the water pump is at fault. On mine, I've had two different things that caused erratic temperature readings. One time, my heater core got clogged up, and the erratic temperature went away after flushing the heater core. On another occasion, the thermostat was sticking (thermostat wasn't very old), which caused the temperature to fluctuate. Fluctuating temperature could just be air stuck in the system, or a bad radiator cap can sometimes do that. In short, water pump is a possibility, but it's not the first one I would look at.