1993 Ford Explorer 4.0 4x4 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Ford Explorer 4.0 4x4 Limited

jaypbrian

Reaction score
City, State
Fuquay-Varina, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Limited 4x4
.....two Questions....one: Where Is The Pcv Valve Located On This Vehicle?

Two: My Temp. Gauge Goes Up And Down Between Half-way And
Quarter-way Up On The Gauge. I've Had A Probem With The Coolant Leaking. I've Recently Replaced The Thermostat And I'm Wondering If I Replace The Water Pump, Will That Fix The Up And Down In The Temp Gauge????

Thanks For The Help All....!!!

Jaypbrian

1) On my '92, the PCV valve is on the driver's side valve cover, just forward of the vacuum tree on the upper intake manifold.

2) I suppose it would fix it if the water pump were the cause of the erratic temperature reading. You haven't given enough information to determine if the water pump is at fault. On mine, I've had two different things that caused erratic temperature readings. One time, my heater core got clogged up, and the erratic temperature went away after flushing the heater core. On another occasion, the thermostat was sticking (thermostat wasn't very old), which caused the temperature to fluctuate. Fluctuating temperature could just be air stuck in the system, or a bad radiator cap can sometimes do that. In short, water pump is a possibility, but it's not the first one I would look at.

Back