• Register Today It's free!

1994 Aerostar. Front brake job.

jimpierce

Reaction score
City, State
Mountain View Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ford aerostar
Howdy folks. I have a '94 Aerostar for my work truck and camping vehicle. I love the beast. I am going to install new brake pads this weekend and can't find a repair manual for it.
Any thing special about pad replacements?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it's the two wheel drive. Now I get the pictures too!! lol The pins had me a little baffled. I had been looking for an allen or torx head bolt. O'Reilly's have the pin driver tool? Or do I need to go to Ford? Well done thread by the way.

punches I have!! Thank you!

thanks!!

I have to say that the front brake replacement on my Aerostar was by far the easiest I have ever done. It was amazingly easy. Some day I will have to tackle the drum brakes on the rear. I never look forward to drums. :rolleyes:

I never would have thought that I would love a vehicle like this not a mini van!! lol Its my work truck and camping/vacation vehicle.
It has had its issues. Tranny blew the front seal going up the grade to Tehachapi Ca. while on our way to Mesa Verde Co. from Mountain View Ca.
The wind shield wiper mounts broke in high winds with driving rains. Thank god for Rain-X!! lol
Thanks again!!

Back