Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

1994 EX a4ld valve body replacement.

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by Fordexplorerguy1, December 26, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Fordexplorerguy1

Fordexplorerguy1 Active Member

City, State:
    NC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
    Okay so yesterday i removed my a4ld valve body expecting to clean it and re install it... NOT THE CASE. the 34 shift bore and a couple others are SCRATCHED!!! and they were stuck in place. The valve body when removed was very dirty. I am wondering before i buy a replacement off of ebay Would a working valve body solve my problems of not going into drive or overdrive? Either way im going to buy a replacement but id like to have some input... THANKS!:D:exp:

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. FIND

FIND Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Vermillion, SD
    99 XLT V8 AWD
    If your valve body looks that bad, I'm betting there are some unhappy looking pieces in your tranny too. Replace the whole thing, save yourself a lot of headache.

4. Fordexplorerguy1

Fordexplorerguy1 Active Member

City, State:
    NC
    94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
    True Problem being I Only have 160$ to put into this, and Last time i drove it it drove fine, sides the 1-2 stick caused by the governor and only 2 valves in the valve body were stuck so im betting thats all thats wrong with it