1994 EX a4ld valve body replacement. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 EX a4ld valve body replacement.

Fordexplorerguy1

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
Okay so yesterday i removed my a4ld valve body expecting to clean it and re install it... NOT THE CASE. the 34 shift bore and a couple others are SCRATCHED!!! and they were stuck in place. The valve body when removed was very dirty. I am wondering before i buy a replacement off of ebay Would a working valve body solve my problems of not going into drive or overdrive? Either way im going to buy a replacement but id like to have some input... THANKS!:D:exp:

If your valve body looks that bad, I'm betting there are some unhappy looking pieces in your tranny too. Replace the whole thing, save yourself a lot of headache.

True Problem being I Only have 160$ to put into this, and Last time i drove it it drove fine, sides the 1-2 stick caused by the governor and only 2 valves in the valve body were stuck so im betting thats all thats wrong with it

True Problem being I Only have 160$ to put into this, and Last time i drove it it drove fine, sides the 1-2 stick caused by the governor and only 2 valves in the valve body were stuck so im betting thats all thats wrong with it
Sometimes I wish I could get the answer to what happened to these forums from 11 years ago.

Back