• Register Today It's free!

1994 ex fuel system question

Fordexplorerguy1

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
Once again i am posting asking what could be my fuel system problem the symptoms are when i put it right before i crank it i hear the Fuse panel click but the fuel pump doesnt Come on which is what im trying to figure out, Are there things i could have bumped into and caused it not to work? what should i check before having to drop the tank/cut a hole. I have already switched the relays under the hood so ik its not that, I tried bypassing the inertia switch and still nothing This is really annoying me. can someone help?
:mad::mad::mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like fuel pump to me.

Are there things i could have bumped into and caused it not to work?
On mine, I would sometimes have fuel pump problems when my wife would kick or push on the inertia switch with her foot. Maybe check the connections there.

After that, there really isn't anything magical about diagnosing this. I know it seems tedious, but get a wiring diagram and a voltmeter and locate the break in the fuel pump circuit.

On mine, I would sometimes have fuel pump problems when my wife would kick or push on the inertia switch with her foot. Maybe check the connections there.

After that, there really isn't anything magical about diagnosing this. I know it seems tedious, but get a wiring diagram and a voltmeter and locate the break in the fuel pump circuit.

Is there a place i could download it online?

I've used the wiring diagrams in Chiltons with good success. I think Autozone still has free access to an electronic version of Chiltons on their website (look for the free vehicle repair guides or similar). You may have to register with the website to get access.

Back