1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

1994 ex wont start!!!

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by Fordexplorerguy1, January 19, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Fordexplorerguy1

Fordexplorerguy1 Active Member

City, State:
    NC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
    My 94 ex has been sitting since october, Now im back around to it and I went to start it NOTHING! I couldnt hear the pump come on so i removed the pump and bench tested it and it works so i put it back in but i have it rigged to the battery with a switch for testing purposes So when I go again to start the truck with the fuel pump on nothing! I did mix around the relays but i dont know if that caused it. My battery is dead too and I am having to Jump start it just to crank it, I also just put new spark plugs in it back in december too. What could cause the fuel pump not to work, Its not the fprelay because I switched it and it still didnt work. and what could cause it not to fire? Much help please!!!!!! :(

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  4. Fordexplorerguy1

City, State:
    NC
    94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
    So your saying that bypassing the fuel pump relay would cause the truck not to work? and also where is the fuel pump ground?

5. BrooklynBay

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  6. Fordexplorerguy1

City, State:
    NC
    94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
    no i dont,

7. BrooklynBay

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  8. FarmTruk

FarmTruk Active Member

City, State:
    Wallburg, NC
    94 XLT 4x4, 172k miles
    Sometimes a bad relay can be ID'd by tapping on it lightly. The bad relay's contacts stick, and tapping on them can jar them back to (temporary) working order.

I've used a screwdriver handle in the past. Tap on it like you're knocking on a door.

If it starts afterwards, you've confirmed the relay is bad, and can easily and inexpensively be replace.

9. BrooklynBay

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars