Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1994 Explorer owner with pending purchase of Mountaineer.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by timmy3923, March 29, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. timmy3923

timmy3923 New Member

City, State:
    Seattle WA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 XLT
    Hello Gents and Ladies....

New to the Forum and happy owner of a 1994 Ford Explorer XLT in all original configuration with exception of modern radio and speakers being installed. The original radio had some display problems and I wanted the ability to play my MP3 through the Aux channel. The XLT came with the the Sub woofer and its been working well. As for major work being done, brakes and bearings all around. Replaced all the emission sensors, radiator, put new tires on it and added a remote start and alarm system. Recently the transmission was drained and flushed by me as well as a replacement filter. Just put a new exhaust system on it, aft of the cadi. Transfer case had the fluid drained and replaced. Its been a great SUV for the family and I and has never let us down. The person who had it before me took really good care of it and had regular maintenance. The engine is pretty clean. Only leak I have is high pressure hose from the power steering pump. Only issue I have is that its getting up there in miles and its time to hand her over to another owner. She'll be a great buy to whoever decides to buy her. I'm looking at an 1999 Mercury Mountaineer that has the 5.0L engine and all the added options. The owner recently had the transmission serviced (states that there were no problems prior to taking it in) and now it goes into drive and reverse without issue, but it only will only go into 1st thru 3rd. Been trying to find info online by Google searches and not finding much info. was wondering if you all may have some info that will help me determine to go after this sweet deal....

Great to meet you all and looking forward to sharing.

Cheers,
    Tim Schuy
    tschuy@comcast.net

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 1Aauto

1Aauto EF Vendor

City, State:
    mass
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    92 explorer
    Welcome to the site

We Support Our Troops!