Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1994 explorer radio

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by ecreek, July 27, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. ecreek

ecreek New Member

City, State:
      Wolf Point, MT
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      No radio so i want to put a cd player in. there's 2 connectors one has the power, ground, remote, illum, etc. the other is an almost square conn with 8 pins. i assumed speakers were connected to this plug. resistance checks dont indicate speaker ohmage. in the hundreds of thousands of ohms. (speakears are 4 or 8 ohms typ). some research indicates this 8 pin conn goes to a stock amp on rr panel which is under the plastic molding. i've seen such a device on another explorer. i presume its output goes to the 4 speakers. does n e 1 know how i can make this work. a 94 wiring diagram would probably help.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Jason94sport

Jason94sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
      South FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
      Go to the car audio section. All the info is in there. Just get a wire harness & then a amp bypass harness & do not cut any wires. $20 or under for both from any car audio place or less then $15 on Ebay.