Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by roaddog1790, November 9, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Tags:
  1. roaddog1790

roaddog1790 New Member

City, State:
    Louisburg,NC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
    I was out mudding earlier today havin a good ol' time. went to take my truck out of 4 Low and it wouldnt disengage. pushed the button, held the button in, took it out of the dash and smacked it a few times. couldnt get it to turn off. turned my truck off and back on and both lights were out, both dash lights were out also. but its still in 4 Low. WTF!!??!? didnt know what else to do. it was 12am. had to get home. so i took both hubs off and put the tires back on. simply so the tires wouldnt actually lock in 4wd. cruised about 20-25mph all the way home. Anyone know what could possibly be causing this? thinking it may be a fuse. could be the shift motor. i have no clue. just want to get it out of 4wd. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. roaddog1790

roaddog1790 New Member

City, State:
    Louisburg,NC
    1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
    Finally figure out what it was. It was the transfer case motor. Im gonna go ahead and replace the whole transfer case and be done with it.

4. racer_x_one

racer_x_one Active Member

City, State:
    PA
    '94 XLT
    You dont need to replace the transfer case. You can just replace the shift motor or rebuild yours. There are plenty of threads on the forum on how to rebuild/fix the shift motor.

5. roaddog1790

roaddog1790 New Member

City, State:
    Louisburg,NC
    1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
    to late for that got the new 1 put in today. aint nuthing wrong with having a spare transfer case haha. got a new motor to. works fine. thanks any way