• Register Today It's free!

1994 Limited Headlight Question!

Stinkythetruck

Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Limited
hello all! Bought my first explorer earlier this fall and loving it.... except for the flickering headlights. Not so great when you work 3rd shift and commute at 11:30 at night. My Explorer is a 94 Limited and after a couple searches on the forums I have deduced that the headlight switch is likely the culprit. I also am very aware that the headlight switch for the limited is completely obsolete and I will likely never find a new one. So, my question is this- does the regular headlight switch for say, an xlt, work at all in the limited? And if yes, what options will I lose power to (entire dimming mirror and or o.h. console)? Any answers are greatly appreciated! -Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's listed as compatible with "Limited edition" I do not work for Ford or the auto parts industry. Suggest you pull the switch and go compare for yourself.

Looks like that sw6352 also excludes the auto dimming mirror. Any other suggestions?

It's a 94...I'd just replace it with a regular one & move on......

The reason the mirror controls go to the head light switch is for auto head light feature.

figure out (wiring diagram) which wire is for that function and bypass. The mirror probably also gets power from the headlight switch so you may need a different power source.
However I believe the mirror is always on for the auto off feature to work after you turn the key off.

Back