Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1994 Ranger 4.0 - Battery Tray Removal

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by fiftyfordfloored, July 18, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. fiftyfordfloored

fiftyfordfloored Explorer Super Upper Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Pittstown, NJ
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1994 Ranger 4.0 4x4 XL
      I'm in the middle of resurrecting a '94 Ranger, and I'm detailing and cleaning everything before I set the new engine in place. The battery tray is corroded but very solid, and I want to remove it for media blasting and paint. Problem is after removing the four bolts holding it fast, it still will not budge. There must be a trick to it; what am I missing?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Freshmeat

Freshmeat Active Member

City, State:
      Denham Springs, LA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1994 Ranger STX SC
      Did you ever figure it out? I'm going through my late grandfather's 1994 Ranger now and want to pull the battery tray for the same purpose, but I can't find a hidden bolt anywhere.