1995 Explorer XLT 4x4 for Sale

Texas_XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5144088850.html

We are the original owners (& still have all the paperwork / Owner's VHS) of this Explorer and have loved it. Unfortunately, it needs yet another transmission. While I would love to put the money into it, my better judgement says enough. I'm bringing it to CarMax tomorrow to get an offer on it. So if you are interested in it, please get with me ASAP. I'd much rather it go to someone who is really interested in getting a very solid chassis and putting it back on the road.

The vehicle has no rust at all but has a few very small dings. The interior is very solid except for the headliner. There are no leaks in the power windows or sunroof and all function fully. Sorry for the shakey pictures but they should give you an idea of the shape it is in (very nice if you ask me). Tires have maybe 7,000 miles. The engine valve covers leak oil but not an excessive amount. I've hit 20MPG to Houston but only gets 14ish around town. This has just about every option available back in the day - power leather seats, cruise, remote / combo entry, running boards, wheel locks, gas cap lock, power seats/locks, fog lights, towing package (rear gearing, cooler, wiring), sunroof, roofrack, compass/outside thermometer, rear cargo cover (shade and pads), rear seat radio controls/headphone jack/AC. BTW, the AC is amongst the things I'll miss most - it is still, after 20 years, colder and blows harder than any car I've owned. Using 4-wheel low (all four locked in granny gear), I've pulled other boats out on a steep ramp that big pickups failed at. It has been all over North America (including Canada and Mexico) and been a great truck for us,

If you are a fan of this format of truck, this should be yours. If you have a wrecked Explorer with a similar engine/trans, either you should buy this or I should buy yours. Contact me!

Back