Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1995 Ranger. Coolant & radiator problems.

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by DUPEY87, June 21, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. DUPEY87

DUPEY87 New Member

City, State:
      Memphis, TN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1995 Ranger
      So I have a 1995 ford ranger. I recently noticed it started losing coolant to the point where i would have to fill it up every 3 or 4 days if i ran the a/c. In addition to that, my heat gauge will never get up to more than half way hot, but it does constantly bounce around. I flushed out my radiator which was heavily corroded and days later the problems with the gauge and the coolant running low persisted. I checked for any leaks in the radiator hoses or the reservoir tank and found nothing. So I ran the engine with the radiator cap off and the radiator fluid runs out which has lead me to believe that i have a blown head gasket. Just trying to find out if my head gasket is for sure the problem, if the head gasket replacement is something I can do myself, or if i can just get some of the stop leak stuff and let it go with that. My oil is not a milky color at all and i have verified there is no coolant in the oil.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. swetrid

swetrid Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Reading Pa
      1999 Eddie Bauer
      Cracked cylinder heads are common on 4.0L OHV.