1996 Explorer XLT Boundry Waters Edition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 Explorer XLT Boundry Waters Edition

FreewayFred

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Audi RS4
A friend of mine just picked up a 1996 Explorer XLT Boundry Waters Edition. It is really cool, has some interesting graphics on the outside and some mural pictures of outdoor scenes on the seats and on the door. It also has a ton of real wood on the inside. Has anyone ever heard of one of these? Any info on what made these different from a regular XLT?
Appreciate any info thats out there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its very hard to tell as i was doing research on google trying to get answers on this one hardly anything is coming up. if i find more answers on this one i will def give u a better answer.

Never heard of it. Take some pics.

Waldoch (Waldoch.com) is a truck accessory/custom shop located in Minnesota. Persons can pay to have them customize their vehicle. Although I have no proof of this, I suspect someone in the Minnesota area paid for their vehicle to be customized. Accordingly, Waldoch branded the exterior of the vehicle as a "Boundary Waters Edition" because of Waldoch's proximity to Boundary Waters:

768px-Bwca_map.png

Moreover, according to an eternal server host file, I've found numerous vehicles with similar branding:

3.jpg

2001-boundary-waters_4.jpg

22820540001_large.jpg

$_57.JPG

If you look closely, the vehicles all have tags from Minnesota or Wisconsin, which is very close to Boundary Waters. Plus, Waldoch is located in MN.

so its a company like yenko?

Too
Much
Wood.

Wow.

Ive spent three weeks canoeing on those lakes with the Boy Scouts! i actually kind of like the explorer version, although some of the wood would need to be removed. There are alot of features that are quite nice.

wow im amazed on how nice it is and it looks so neat never saw anything of that my eddie bauer looks like nothing lol

The seats in the Ex look very comfy!

your telling me lol i would def trade for a pair of them

i just saw one for sale on ebay recently. i'd never heard of one before. i'm sure any changes to a regular X are cosmetic. very possibly an aftermarket conversion. personally i think it looks like crap, but that's why ice cream comes in so many different flavors. to each his own.

i saw them before, and almost bought one, they had some cool touches, but just like paint striping and interior doodads,, they never really changed any suspension or anything like that, just cosmetic things,

i live close to that area in Canada, it's beautiful there, they do not allow motorised boat travel there, just canoes and such,

i just saw one for sale on ebay recently. i'd never heard of one before. i'm sure any changes to a regular X are cosmetic. very possibly an aftermarket conversion. personally i think it looks like crap, but that's why ice cream comes in so many different flavors. to each his own.

Agreed. There's a threshold of customization that need not be broken. Although, keep in mind, someone who pays for this type of customization is likely an area native deeply attached to their surroundings. Therefore, they likely enjoy the excessive interior wood, considering they also likely live in a wood cabin and wear strictly plaid shirts.

LOL.

Interesting trim there, I kinda like it besides the fake wood... Learned something new today I guess.

Back