1997 Explorer XLT 5.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Explorer XLT 5.0

This is my second 2nd Gen Explorer. I bought it on July 2nd of this year and was FINALLY glad to find one with a V8. Found it on Craigslist for $1650 with 233K Miles. It had some cosmetic damage and needed tires badly. It also has an aftermarket sunroof which needs to fixed. I can hear the motor working fine but it's not moving. Interior was in good shape for the most part just needed minor things but here it is.

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

The day I got it home with my Explorer

IMG_4492.jpg

IMG_4493.jpg

Got a front bumper and fender from the local auto salvage yard and got to town right away then.

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

I ended up using Rustoleum Bedliner Spray on the front bumper like I did with my first 2nd Gen Explorer and love that stuff.

Then got the windows tinted and EVENTUALLY swapped my projector retrofit headlights and brush guard over to this one along with the wheels and tires.

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

Next was the LED light bar and Warrior Shackles and cranked up the TT 2 inches and have a roof rack coming soon and prolly wont go any higher because I'd like to still fit in my garage since there is a steel I-beam that goes across the garage ceiling.

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

Here's one with one of my co workers and his jeep before my shackles and TT.

IMG_4948.jpg

CB and roof rack and roof rack LED light bar coming soon....

Back