1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1997 Explorer XLT to Mod out!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dbentesr, July 30, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. dbentesr

dbentesr New Member

City, State:
    Crane, MO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1997 XLT
    I have a 1997 Explorer that I want to mod out with a Lift Kit, Manual Transmission, Roll Cage, 31-33 inch tires, Chop the rear cabin (like a shortened Sport-Trac), Chop Rear for better entry/exit of obstacles, front bumper with winch, Skid-plates, 5-point harnesses, snorkel intake/exhaust, off-road lights, etc... :exporange

Any possible additional mod advice would be appreciated. Any information on current suppliers of parts would be appreciated as well.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  4. YoungMounty

YoungMounty Active Member

City, State:
    Alabama
    '97 Mounty 5.0 V8 AWD
    For 31 inch tires you can do the classic Torsion Twist/Shackles combo. Search around a little bit and you'll find someone who's done it. For 33inch you may wanna put a body lift on it, 2 or 3 inches just do a search on that as well and you will find more than enough information. Everything you've mentioned has been done so just do some searching and you will find everything you need. Click on my link in my signature to go to my registry and you'll see some off those things that i've done to mine on my car.

5. 1Aauto

1Aauto EF Vendor

City, State:
    mass
    92 explorer
    welcome to the site.