Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1997 XLT 4DR 4X4

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by tenikiwon, October 8, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. tenikiwon

tenikiwon Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Yakima, WA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      02 F250/Zuk twins
      Does anyone else out there have a '97 4x4? I'm feeling lonely out here and can't find a darn thing to lift this puppy.

It seems everyone out there has a pre 94, 96 or 98, or knows what there doing and makes there own.

Did I buy the wrong year, or am I just the expert of finding parts for every vehicle I DONT own.

Please help me.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jshexplo96

jshexplo96 Active Member

City, State:
      Charleston, SC
      95 EB 4x4
      You should use the search feature on this site...I am sure you will find what you are looking for!!! But I will go ahead and answer this: superlift makes a 4" suspension lift for your truck....!!!Also, search for torsion twist, add a leafs, and body lifts!!Just a little to get you started....SEARCH!! later joshua

4. tenikiwon

tenikiwon Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Yakima, WA
      02 F250/Zuk twins
      Thanks.

I found the Superlift 4" but I don't wanna pay $1500 for it. I've been looking for a BL online and haven't had any luck, but I haven't called any of the places.

5. SplashMan

SplashMan Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Cedar Rapids, IA
      '93 Ranger
      Performance Accessories make 3" bodylifts for the 95-01 Rangers. The Ranger is identical to the Explorer from the cab forward so these kits will work on Explorers. There are two kits, one for 95-97's and one for 98-01's. The main difference with these kits is the steering extension and bumper brackets. The 98-01 kit will work on ALL 95-01 Explorers with the exception of the steering extension on 95-97's. The catch is, you need the steering extension from the 95-97 kit for 95-97's, but the 95-97 kit does not have the correct bumper lift brackets so, it is easier to order the 98-01 kit and then specify that you need the 95-97 extension, or order it separate and say your Ranger got into a fender bender and you need to replace the steering extention. When you order your kit, order the 98-00 kit #883. If you have a 95-97, make sure you exchange the 98-00 steering extension for the 95-97 extension. The extensions are very different and cannot be interchanged so make sure you specify which one you need. Kits run about $130. I bought mine from www.jcwhitney.com.

Last edited: October 8, 2002
    6. tenikiwon

tenikiwon Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Yakima, WA
      02 F250/Zuk twins
      With a Body lift what does that do for getting a brushguard???

7. SplashMan

SplashMan Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Cedar Rapids, IA
      '93 Ranger
      You would have to raise it with the body lift... you would have to have some plates made for it... a couple people have done it and it turned out great. I personaly don't like them, so I never had to worry about that part.

8. jshexplo96

jshexplo96 Active Member

City, State:
      Charleston, SC
      95 EB 4x4
      I have a brush gaurd with my BL.....I custom installed mine by fabbing some mounting points and welding them on...but I know I could have done it by just using bolts if I didnt have the tools I do. There are probably others out there who have done it other ways...!!!

9. tenikiwon

tenikiwon Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Yakima, WA
      02 F250/Zuk twins
      What about strength? Does it weaken it???

Also, who do you suggest to buy from??? I've seen so many.