Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

1999 XLT (UQ/US) Dash Light

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by AngryDome, October 5, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tags:
  1. AngryDome

AngryDome New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 Explorer UQ XLT SOHC
    Greetings!

I've got myself a 99 Auto XLT and ever since I bought it there has been a light on the dash that turns on periodically that I haven't been able to identify.

https://postimg.org/image/jzizyjae7/
    [​IMG]

You can see the light is on in the right of the photo. I have used my best Google-Fu but have been unable to determine what it is.

Could anyone possibly enlighten me?

Cheers!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
    I think this has been asked about before. I don't recall what the answer was, but does your truck have the rear air suspension (AKA ARC). If so it might mean it's turned off or that there's a problem with it or the pump.

4. AngryDome

AngryDome New Member

99 Explorer UQ XLT SOHC
    I honestly don't know if it does. How would I figure that out?

5. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
    I'm no expert on this subject, but I thing there's a switch of some sort on the dash to the right of the steering column that has something to do with the ARC system. I think there's also a pump in the jack compartment and you should see air lines going to the rear shock absorbers (unless someone switched out the air shocks for standard ones).

You could also take your VIN and look up your truck on Ford's ETIS web site. There's an option there that let's you see all the options your truck was born with.