Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1A Auto Parts

Discussion in 'Member Recommended Aftermarket and OEM Parts' started by Kc Chops, March 19, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. Kc Chops

Kc Chops New Member

City, State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2007 Explorer Limited
    Does any one have experience with TRQ parts from 1A Auto. I just got my 07' Exploder limited 3 weeks ago with 177,xxx miles on it. I had a mechanic check it out and knew it needed brakes along with some other things that go along that many miles. I even had a buddy drive it for a second opinion as the price was $2800. Well only a week after I bought it things changed. The front right wheel bearing started going out and the coil packs started acting up. Luckily I found a mechanic that does side work at a good price. Bad thing is work has been slow this winter. I've checked Rockauto. 1A has a pair of TRQ front hubs for $120. I figure with the low labor cost even if I only get 30,000 miles out of them it might be worth it.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. gmanpaint

gmanpaint Back in 5 minutes Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    STL MO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    Modified 95 XLT
    Your rolling the dice with cheap Chineseum aftermarket bearing units. The Manufacturers over there, can produce both ends of the quality spectrum, and everything in between. You get what you pay for "Most" of the time.

Read reviews from as many sources as possible on that brand, and see how long they are lasting people.

Online pricing is always tempting for saving a few bucks. It's a guilty pleasure we just can't seem to get enough of, damn the consequences.
    For cheap knock off parts that I think I might be replacing again soon, the 1 time online savings isn't worth it to me.
    I would buy them local from a major chain store, so when they do fail, it's easier (& cheaper) to return for the warranty, no matter where you are, or day of the week.

We Support Our Troops!