1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1st gen safari bar and winch setup question

Discussion in 'Offroad Fabrication - Bumpers, Sliders, Cages etc.' started by crazyfoolreal, December 5, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. crazyfoolreal

crazyfoolreal Active Member

City, State:
      Baltimore
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '93 XLT 4x4
      ive got a 93 and am interested in buying a Westin safari bar that is meant for the 95-00 explorers and using that. Has anyone done this? Ive also thought about buying a winch and putting it IN the grill. I want to cut into the grill face and buid a mount underneath to hold the winch, it will then sit on the mount and only come out of the car a little bit. Does this seem like a good idea?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. bmxking5

bmxking5 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Monroe, GA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '93 Sport & '96 XLT
      I don't know anything about trying to make the 95+ safari bar fit on your 93, but I do know that there have been a few people who have cut into the grille to have a tucked-in winch. Do a search, and it shouldn't be too hard to find some pics.