Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1st Generation Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box - Forum Feedback' started by Snort, September 19, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Snort

Snort Member

City, State:
      Seattle, WA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      94 XLT
      I would like to request a 1st Generation Forum be established in order to facilitate the grouping of 91-94 topics. The forum would be a General Explorations for 91-94's.

Thanks for considering it.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      2008 JK
      There are so many things in common between 1st Gens and later models that I don't think this would be productive. I can often help out with 1st Gen questions, but may not check that forum if it was created.

Besides that we have many forums already and it's already a headache as to where things go and checking all the threads.

Thanks for the suggestion though, we'll let Rick make the ultimate decision.

4. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Wayoutin, Aridzona
      '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
      Callsign:
      AB7FH
      I agree with Alec. IF anything we need to prune down the number of forums. There are too many places to put stuff...

5. Snort

Snort Member

City, State:
      Seattle, WA
      94 XLT
      I can go with the flow, but it seems a bit tedious to wade through the hundreds of posts in order to find info specific to my model. The General Explorations forum seems to be one of the busiest ones on the board, so some division might be in order. One thought would be to make a trial forum with a 60 day sunset, unless you get a certain level of interest within that 60 days.

6. RFR2212

RFR2212 Typing Police Elite Explorer

City, State:
      In the mug by Chitown
      95 JEEP Wrangler
      Geez if yer gonna complain so much, go find other forums for explorers, then come back, and let us know. This is probly the most comprehensive explorer site i've ever come across... If it's too tough to use the search function, go elsewhere... Rick's done a great job by providing this place for us all.... and there already are, alot of forums... :rolleyes:

7. section525

section525 sextion525 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Red Bluff, Ca
      1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
      Also, what helps is if EVERYONE fills out their model and year info under their Avatar or User Name.

8. Adam Foote

Adam Foote Active Member

City, State:
      Katy, Texas
      92 XLT
      ok no fingers pointing anywhere... but i can see that this is going to just start a big arugument.... lets just try to remember that everyone on the site has their own opinion and is entitled to it... this started off with a suggestion lets not let it escalade into somthing bad... We do have a great forum here unlike many others where all they do is moan and complain. I would just like to tell Rick and all of the moderators thank you for everything you guys do...

9. Crankcase

Crankcase Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Vancouver B.C, Canada
      1992 XL Ex-Police
      That should be mandatory,make it just like having 6 sig. lines only.

I hate when people ask questions, and you have to guess what year X they have....:confused:

10. Snort

Snort Member

City, State:
      Seattle, WA
      94 XLT
      RFR2212, I have used the search function, and it does a great job at what it is designed for. But the search function is not the proper tool for organizing threads of discussion on a regular and ongoing basis; forums are the tool of choice for that job.

This is a suggestion box forum where people are directed to post suggestions, and I think that's a great idea. Rather than look for a different forum for Explorers, I have thrown up an idea to make a change that might or make this forum better. I'm glad the board owner chose to make suggestions possible, rather than adopt the "love it or leave it" approach.