Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2” Lift, Longer Shocks?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by 239, June 30, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. 239

239 Active Member

City, State:
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 XLT, V6 OHV
    Hey, everyone. I’m thinking about installing some warrior shackles and cranking the torsion bars to raise the rear and front 2”. I recently purchased some Rancho RS9000 shocks and would hate to replace them with extended shocks so soon. I don’t do serious off-roading since I’m 2WD, only light trails. But I like the slightly lifted look.

Has anyone raised their truck 2” and kept the stock length shocks? Thanks for any input.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. gmanpaint

gmanpaint It's Always Something! Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    MO MO
    94 & 95 XLT's
    Stock length is fine for up to 2" of lift.

Your not actually changing anything shock wise up front with a TT.

Rears are fine with or without the sway bar on. You will gain a little droop with it off, and your shocks might max out then, but not with up travel. Your tires will hit the wheel wells first, with one wheel up, the other down. The bump stops will also hit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. 239

239 Active Member

City, State:
    Bonita Springs, FL
    2000 XLT, V6 OHV
    Thanks for the info. The rear sway bar always stays on for me so I should be ok.