1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2 questions about stock premium audio

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by toddious, December 17, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. toddious

toddious Well-Known Member

City, State:
      winter park, FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1996 Limited 4x4
      2 questions about stock audiophile system

ok, these might be simple questions, or might not be able to be done at all, but let me know if you know the answers please.... thanks, todd.

1. with the 6 disc changer, is there any way that you can have the player resume playback from where you were when you shut off the car, instead of always restarting the song when you start the car? (i get sick of running small errands, and always hearing the beginning of the same song over and over)

2. also, what is the easiest way to disable the back seat audio controls (so that your immature/drunk friends in the back seat can't change your station/favorite song/ or volume)? i don't want to disable the unit completely though, because i still want the air controls for the back seat to work. thanks, todd.

Last edited: December 17, 2004
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. mercmountaineer

mercmountaineer New Member

City, State:
      Staten Island, New York
      '99 mountaineer
      On my '99 mountaineer to disable the rear radio contols all you have to do is hold the radio pre-set buttons "3" and "5" for a few seconds. Then the small headphone symbol on the radio will turn off. Hope that helps.

4. cobrajeff

cobrajeff Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Daytona, FL
      2007 Lincoln MKX
      You can temporarily disable Rear Seat Controls as "mercmountaineer" described - when the headset icon goes "off", the RSC is defeated.

The supplier changed the logic in the changer (without telling me) to restart from the begining of the last song, instead of where it left off. I made them change it back, so later '96's and probably '97's will probably work as you would expect them to, but I cannot verify the part number or change level that fixed this issue.

regards,

cobrajeff