2 questions from new owner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 questions from new owner

OutbackJack

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Exploder Limited
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2019 Explorer Limited but I've been driving an import for the last 20 years. So my questions are:

1) Can I get rid of my metric tools now? I think I read somewhere that some earlier models had some metric fittings on them but does anyone know about a 2019 model?

2)Will a repair manual good up to 2017 models work well enough for my 2019? I guess this is answered by the subforum header but I'd like to make sure.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't answer on the repair manual but keep your metric tools.

I have a 96 F250 diesel and it has more metric on it that SAE. I expect to actually see more metric fasteners on vehicles to come.

Keep the metric tools.

I have a 2018 and wondered about the older Chilton's and Haynes guides as well.

I can’t imagine the majority of the hardware is SAE. I’m shocked that you ever find any as it’s antiquated and far more difficult than it needs to be.

I've only used metric on my '13 and '15.

There should be practically no difference, from the repair manual standpoint.

I've only used metric on my '13 and '15.

There should be practically no difference, from the repair manual standpoint.

The front bumpers definitely will be.

Also on 19MY, you will probably find one horn and not 2. Maybe turned down exhaust tips, instead of straight chrome ones too.

That's the differences I can think of off the top of my head.

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. They've answered my questions.

Also on 19MY, you will probably find one horn and not 2.
Funny you should mention that! I noticed that as I was driving it home. I think fixing that stupid little issue will be my first repair/alteration!

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. They've answered my questions..........................
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I agree. Keep the tools.

Peter

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. They've answered my questions.

Funny you should mention that! I noticed that as I was driving it home. I think fixing that stupid little issue will be my first repair/alteration!

A few 19MY owners have mentioned it on here as well on some other Explorer groups/forums. When I first heard about it, I thought it might have been a mistake, but it's come up a few more times and seems to be the standard across the board now. One way to cut costs. Although I wonder where that falls foul of safety regs. Would be... interesting... to see yet another lawsuit against Ford for this generation Explorer.

Back