2 questions...ironman parts...and 3rd brake light.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 questions...ironman parts...and 3rd brake light....

itallian1488

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
So I have a 2006 explorer xlt...Love it...I'm slowly but surely adding to it. My first question: Anyone have a good website for oem ironman parts? ie: front and back bumper covers, riveted fender flares, head/fog lights...ect....

Questions 2: I want to replace the stock 3rd brake light with an LED one....I cannot find this aftermarket part....I have'nt taken any measurements yet but from pics it looks like the 3rd brake light on the 2002-2005 body style may be the same size as the one on the 2006-2008....Possible? Thanks for everyones help....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd like that grill, but $80 shipping!

Good thing my Explorer came standard with that grill :D

I passed up an Eddie Bauer to get the Ironman, and I don't regret it one bit. After test driving them both, I realized that I don't need auto climate control, adjustable pedals, and headrest dvd monitors. As long as I have the V8 and a trip computer, everything else is just extra.

All those goodies are overrated. I hate the auto climate control in my Jaguar. Takes too long to get to 90 degrees if you're at 60. Beep beep beep beep beep...

Good thing my Explorer came standard with that grill :D

I passed up an Eddie Bauer to get the Ironman, and I don't regret it one bit. After test driving them both, I realized that I don't need auto climate control, adjustable pedals, and headrest dvd monitors. As long as I have the V8 and a trip computer, everything else is just extra.

All those goodies are overrated. I hate the auto climate control in my Jaguar. Takes too long to get to 90 degrees if you're at 60. Beep beep beep beep beep...

You mean EDITH Bauer? That's what some people call them anyway. Seem more suited to women than outdoorsmen.

You mean EDITH Bauer? That's what some people call them anyway. Seem more suited to women than outdoorsmen.

LOL @ Edith. We just couldn't justify the nearly extra 8k they wanted for the EB that we were looking at. However, it did have those sweet new 20" wheels that everyone here is drooling over...

LOL @ Edith. We just couldn't justify the nearly extra 8k they wanted for the EB that we were looking at. However, it did have those sweet new 20" wheels that everyone here is drooling over...

20's are overrated. It's all about 265/75's sitting on some nice 16's :D

We dont need no stinkin 20's!

Any wherelse to find the ironman parts...Ive got the headlights...still looking for other parts...

Straight swap?

I actually found an awesome link with all the ironman parts....I found the grill for $86.56!! So that plus shipping is way better than the ebay price.... check out the link

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...=2007&graphicID=MF02035&callout=1&catalogid=2

Thanks for the link - that part (grille only) looks like it'd be a straight swap for the upper/lower chrome on my XLT (I definitely don't want the horrible grey rivited ironman "lower plate" just the sweet blacked out grill:cool:).......???

Anyone know if it's a straighforward swap - I'm not into detailed surgery work.

I actually found an awesome link with all the ironman parts....I found the grill for $86.56!! So that plus shipping is way better than the ebay price.... check out the link

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...=2007&graphicID=MF02035&callout=1&catalogid=2

Thanks for the link - that part (grille only) looks like it'd be a straight swap for the upper/lower chrome on my XLT (I definitely don't want the horrible grey rivited ironman "lower plate" just the sweet blacked out grill:cool:).......???

Anyone know if it's a straighforward swap - I'm not into detailed surgery work.

It is a straight swap...the local ford dealership will do it for $50 (mine will at least) I calle dthe service dept.

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Question- Are the Ironman Fog Lights a straight swap??

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Question- Are the Ironman Fog Lights a straight swap??

Yeah, they are exactly the same shape and use the same mounts, only difference is the yellow lens.
Or you could do what I did... I like the yellow LIGHT more than the lens color, so I got some "hyper yellow" Nokya bulbs.

Yeah, they are exactly the same shape and use the same mounts, only difference is the yellow lens.
Or you could do what I did... I like the yellow LIGHT more than the lens color, so I got some "hyper yellow" Nokya bulbs.

Thanks for the info! I've been teetering on this and I want to see yellow lights at night before I do it. And wouldn't it figure- Since I thought of doing this I have yet to see a car with yellow fogs!

My yellow fogs turn everything yellow, It is kinda weird how a car in front of me is two tone yellow and whatever, but it is definitely brighter, I like it. :thumbsup:

Back