This last week in preparation for Truckhaven I did the following:
BFG All-Terrain T/A 31x10.5x15
Front tow hooks
Torsion Bar adjust (adding 1.25")
Pro Comp Add-a-leaf (adding .75")
Warrior Shackles (adding 1.5")
Add some Truckhaven mud and the final result is:
dcp_0243.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very impressive......that thing is big.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Damn. Your truck looks great! :bounce:

Lookin good Jefe. I'm gonna be seeing that at Truckhaven right?

Welcome to the 35" tire club. Also your lift is like 4-4.5 right? So that means you are the second lowest explorer with 35s. :D

Looks real good man. See you at Truck Haven.

Originally posted by Fenderguy
Welcome to the 35" tire club. Also your lift is like 4-4.5 right? So that means you are the second lowest explorer with 35s. :D
LOL :)

Yes, about 4.5" of lift. . .however, I still rub a bit :rolleyes:

hey jefe,

i just noticed that you live over in valencia... i live in fullerton. im waiting to get a my explorer pretty soon, and im planing on setting up the exact same lift you have and running 33's. i have been planing on having custom motor sports install a 3'' body lift for me, cuz i am only 16, and i dont have the tools or knowhow to perform it myself. maybe once i get everything together with the explorer we could get together and you could help me out with some stuff. or maybe we could put on the 3'' body lift ourselves seeing as you have already done it to your own X. its just a thought, but its kinda cool to see that you live so close, cuz i remember looking at pics of your explorer a long time ago and thinking "thats what i want my explorer to look like". well maybe ill see you around!

-chris

Chris,
Sounds cool. I'm always up for helping a fellow 4x4er gain a few inches. . .that is, until their rigs become better than mine. . ;) I'm sure we could pull off a 3" body lift in no time.

sweet, thanks jefe. how much do the performance accessories 3'' body lifts cost anyway? custom motor sports was charging 500$ for 3'' BL installed, but i seem to rememver that the PA kit was around $140-180 or somthing like that, i dont remember.

Jefe,

Did you find that your PIAA 9007's made a big difference during your normal driving conditions? And the 520's...are they a big help both on and off the trail??
thanks.....

Chris,
Sorry i never saw your post. a 3" PA body lift is $120 - 140 i think.

nkrax,
I didn't notice much of a difference with the 9007's. . .but i never really compared them.
I only use the 520's off the trail (they're REALLY bright) and they are awesome. . . much better than my headlights. They also are great in Fog, amazingly enough. . :)

SplashMan,
1. Rims were used, but I beleive its standard backspacing.
2. I removed the fender, taped where i wanted to cut and used a jig-saw. I followed a write-up on how to trim fenders somewhere on this board, and it turned out very nice.

Originally posted by Jefe
2. I removed the fender, taped where i wanted to cut and used a jig-saw. I followed a write-up on how to trim fenders somewhere on this board, and it turned out very nice. [/B]

if someone finds this thread, can you please post it, i too am gonna trim my fenders. Hopefully soon, to be welcomed into the 'big boy club' lol

Jefe,

I'm getting ready to do my 98 xlt lift pretty much the same way you did yours (with the 33's that is). Just in case I don't miss anything, here is what I believe I need. Performance Accessories body lift for Ranger, shackles (1.5"), tortion twist (1.5"), and 33x12.5x15 on 15x8 rims. Correct? I know SplashMan just asked you what your backspacing was on your rims, but i'm still not sure what it was. SplashMan sais he has a 4" backspace. Since it appears that your wheels stick out a little more than his, does that mean that your backspace is larger (like 5") or does it go in the other direction? I want my wheels to stick out a little bit on the sides like yours does and don't want to buy the wrong wheels. Anyway, I think I am about ready to place a couple of orders and get this thing rolling. Any other info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Should I do the add-a-leaf in the rear? Thanks to all for your help!!!!!

Jefe, I gotta say, the 35's look wicked on there! :bounce:

Just one question though, do you have any room for suspension flex? It looks awfully tight in the rear fenderwells. Would hate to be ripping against the fenders every time the rear axle flexed any significant amount...

His wheels are off of Paul Bredehoft's X. I believe the backspacing is 3.75"

nkrax-
The lower the # the farther out it sticks. Backspacing is measured from the inside lip of the rim to where it mounts up against the rotor. Looks good Jefe, see you this weekend.

nkrax,
it shouldnt matter much but the wheels are 15x8.5 not 15x8. they are Centerline HT-31's, when i put them on my truck they stuck out alot farther than stock. i never asked what the offset was though and i no longer see them on centerlines website.

nkrax,
Your backspacing question was answered i hope. They're right. they are 15x8.5 rims with 3.75" of backspacing. As far as the add-a-leaf, i would recommend against it. ..it only provides 1/2" at most of lift, and will be more trouble than good further down the road.

bigDerk,
Oh yeah. . there's room. . .just enough. :) There is rubbing, but very minor, and only at extreme flex. Thanks for the compliment.

FenderGuy,
Thanks for the info. This weekend will be great. :cool:
BTW, I hope you weren't wanting those 35" M/T's . . i've still got em on because of rubbing issues ;)

Just re complimenting you and your truck. I'll be going now (wishing I had a big explorer like this):D

Question????

Before I order my 3"body lift, I have yet another question...Do I need the steering extention for a 95-97 in order for the 3" kit to work for my 98?

Thanks again......

Back