Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2000 Explorer, NO-START, Theft Light Flashing Rapidly

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Cyanidecloud, July 13, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Cyanidecloud

Cyanidecloud New Member

City, State:
      Spring Hill, Florida
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 XLS
      A while ago, my Explorer wasn't starting, and the theft light was rapidly flashing (I didn't really realize it at the time, but looking back on it, it was). I replaced the battery (it needed to be replaced anyway), and the truck still didn't start. I tried my backup key and it worked immediately!

Fast Forward to today: My Explorer will not start... again. The theft light is flashing rapidly when the key is in the On position, and then after a minute or so the light just goes away. The truck has a brand new battery, and I have been using this key for a week or so now.

The Explorer has the stock theft system, and this has just recently started happening. Is it the key, or is it the PATS receiver in the truck, or is it perhaps something else?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      07 Camry
      Don't know if it's the key or the module, but that is PATS related...