2000 Ford Explorer North Face Key Fob Trouble | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer North Face Key Fob Trouble

J.W

Reaction score
Hello All,

So here's my problem. My Dad currently owns a 2000 Ford Explorer North Face (X Reg) UK specification, and he's lost his original key fob. No problem, I thought, I'll just get a replacement, how hard can that be? :)

Long story short, I found a US seller on eBay who sells a replacement fob, which he says works with a 2000 Ford Explorer (scroll down for the line '1998-2008 Ford Explorer'):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150527898758

Great, I thought, two weeks later, and it's here. After two hours, countless Youtube videos and numerous programming instructions, the key fob doesn't work.

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi
you need a uk remote fob the usa ones are on a different frequency from the uk one .i have second hand uk ones for sale . cheers chris

hi i can do you one for £7.50 inc P&P you can use the casing and the new battery from the one from us to make it look like a new one . cheers chris

Chris,

Can you confirm that this is a complete working unit, with all the internal electronics, and battery intact, and is ready to program?

Can you also confirm that the fob, will definitely work with a 2000 Ford Explorer North Face?

Would PayPal be okay?

hi yes its a s/h working fob that will work on a 2000 explorer . pay pal to chrisquelch@msn.com is ok. cheers chris

will post in the morninng. cheers chris

Back