2000 - Fuse #26 blown | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 - Fuse #26 blown

cooldog

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer
Fuse 26 keeps blowing, immediately when installed on 2000.

Since it is blowing immediately, I think i have a bare wire shorting to ground somewhere. I dropped a tool down where the wires come thought the firewall under the hood yesterday and I think in my struggle to get it back I might have pulled on a wire or something.

I have been reading around, and a couple other people have this problem, but also with the battery saver relay.

Any suggestions on what to do? I cant keep blowing fuses and need my 4wd before the next snow fall. Does anyone know what color of wire runs to that fuse so I could try and follow it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did, he says that he traced the fuse 26 wire and found it was shorting. But I dont know which wire is for fuse 26

These types of problems behind the firwall can really become annoying. Hope you find out the issue!

Thanks, I will try to follow it later then.

Update!
So I've discovered that it only blows when I open a door. I must first turn the dimmer all the way off, put in a new fuse, get in the truck with all doors shut. then turn the dimmer back on. As long as the doors stay shut the truck runs perfect, all the lights work. To get out, you turn the dimmer all the way off and then leave.

I have only tried this with the drivers side door, perhaps if I open a passenger door it will work fine?

On a side note, I have now lost my high beams, and my drivers side low beam burn out. Maybe the burnt bulb is stopping my high beams from coming on?

Back