Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2000 Mountaineer Flashing eletrical issues

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by dersch6221992, September 22, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. dersch6221992

dersch6221992 Active Member

City, State:
    Indiana
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 mounty
    Hey Y'all!
    Okay so driving home tonight i noticed for some crazy reason my radio lights are flashing? Its very erratic and random. i was driving and noticed it once, and then it did it more frequently. the radio never cut out, no other lights flashed or seemed to be failing. It was strange. the radio would be normal then flash once, and then flash constantly a few time and then it would stop doing it for a bit.

IDEAS?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Wayoutin, Aridzona
    '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
    Callsign:
    AB7FH
    Could be the bulb on it's way out. It could also be an intermittent connection in the wire that goes from the radio to the headlight/dimmer switch. Maybe a bad switch too:dunno:

4. Blee1099

Blee1099 Evil Asian EF Vendor Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Elkridge, MD
  5. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
    yeah, your radio display is failing. super common problem caused by a design flaw. you can have it fixed for $45 with a lifetime guaranty. if you're handy, i've also seen a replacement power board on ebay (made by Dorman) for around $55. if you need the info on where to sent it for repair, let me know.