2000 ranger evaporator core replacement. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 ranger evaporator core replacement.

spitse

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger 4x4 ext cab
I have been searching, and am still confused. I have a 2000 ranger that i did a 3.0 - 4.0 swap. Engine and AC compressor are from a 2000 explorer sport.

AC worked fine last year after swap, but now won't hold charge. had a shop take a look and they say evaporator core. They said it would be much money to fix because dash would have to be removed. So in the spirit of saving money, I thought I'd do it myself.

Now my confusion, I have been instructed yes dash has to be removed to get to core, others say accessible from engine bay, no dash removal needed. So which is it? Don't want to have to pull dash if not needed.

I have the evap core, but what else might I need? Seen mention of an orfis, what do I ask for at the parts store? Any tips that will save bad words and skin? I plan on taking to a shop to have vac tested and recharge.

Bought a heater core to replace if I have to pull dash, but won't put that in until needed if I can do evap core from engine bay.

Ford manual says heater core = remove dash, evaporator core = underhood.

you have mail.

Thanks! Just what I needed.

Back