2000 XLT Seat swap Airbag light Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 XLT Seat swap Airbag light Problem

Mecul

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
I recently replaced the chewed-up-by-dog front passenger seat on my 2000 Explorer XLT. The replacement seat came out of (I believe) a '99 Explorer at the local salvage yard. Even though the seats are identical, the plugs and wiring for the airbag were different in color and compatibility - the 2000 plugs are yellow and the wires are a different color and thinner gauge; the '99 plugs are grey and have thicker wires.

I removed the yellow plug from the chewed up seat and spliced it onto the replacement seat. Plugged it in, airbag light came on, blinking out the 3-7 error code. How do i make this replacement airbag work with the car?

Thanks

Airbag Issue w/ Seat Swap

I have a similar issue. I swapped seats from a '99 to another '99, but the new one doesn't seem to have the airbag in it. I thought they were standard; not optional. The plug fit fine, but I get a 36 code & light. I didn't look at the gauge of the wires yet.

Did you get yours resolved? Maybe you picked up a non-airbag seat & it'll never work?

I'm thinking I'm going to have to swap the leather from the new seat to the old one.

Joe

Back