Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2001 Sport Tranmission Cooler Lines

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by steventadams, January 2, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. steventadams

steventadams Active Member

City, State:
    New Jersey
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 Sport
    One problem after another now that im pusing 150k miles. One of the steel cooler lines for the transmission underneath the radiator has a small hole in it that is spewing trans fluid. I need to replace it so my questions are: (1) What exactly are the lines called? and (2) Does anyone have a part number so I can get new ones? Thanks.

-Steve

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. my pos mounty

my pos mounty Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Land of Corruption
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    06 F-350
    Got more choices than that. You could just cut the line out that is bad, get some new line at your parts store and use compression fittings to patch it up, or cant you cut out a section and use a rubber hose? The pressure isnt that high where if you were to create something on the end of the cut line to help hold the rubber line on (like on the end of a brake line) it would work. (OK, so i forgot what you call the end)

(edit) *Mind you, only cut out the part of the line that is necessary to repair, not the entire transmission cooler line. Its probably a 3/8 or 5/16th metal line, available at parts stores, if you need to bend it get yourself a bender there as well. Maybe even a flare tool (my memory returns!)

Last edited: January 2, 2010