2002-2005 (02-05) Explorer rear door panel removal for speaker access HOW-TO | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002-2005 (02-05) Explorer rear door panel removal for speaker access HOW-TO

Do you have a pictures of this little cutting operation? I have some great 6x9 in the garage not doing anything that I wouldn't mind putting in the Ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no i have not done it yet my cuzin did it to his f150 and when we took off door panel and looked at the speakers its all hollowed out i will be doing it soon i will post pics and everything when i do add me as a friend cuz it might be a few weeks

thanks much --going to make screen shot of your instructions. great post

this thread helped me out perfectly...i tried google-ing on how to open ,and it didnt help...finaly i changed the speakers in my:exp:...:)

i had 2 questions...your suppose to just rewire the wires to ur new aftermarket speakers ryt? and they will they sound better with they stock radio? CAN U PLEASE PM ME AND LET ME KNOW

Yea basically thats what i did. the reason aftermarket speakers sound better is because stock speakers are usually made from paper cones which are garbage for reproducing sound however the aftermarket speakers are composite materials made from rubber and plastic an such allowing them to have better sound quality. Thats what i was told by a professional and it makes sense. you think about it. paper deadens sound more than produce it.

I've taken my door panels off multiple times with no problems but I have this damn rattling in one door and it drives me CRAZY! I can't figure out what it is.... It only rattles when the window is partially down so it leads me to believe it's something knocking into the glass inside the door but can't figure out out....

Anyone else have any problems with noisy door panels?

You should be able to just snip some slots in a fan pattern and bend them in to fit the 6x9s in. don't need to cut the hole out completely. Just make sure you bend them in enough not to vibrate on the new speaker frame and that the window opens all the way without scraping.

Just got done taking off my rear passenger door panel. Was as easy as the OP stated, be careful taking off the power window piece, I broke a piece of a clip (the one towards the front of the vehicle), so it all goes back together, but a tad loose in the front (but that part isn't pulled on anyway to close the door, so shouldn't be an issue)

In the end, it was simply a learning experience for me, as the pair of speakers I got for free (nice Rockford Fosgates), one was blown lol

Back