2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

Hey guys's a gal's i bought a spacer lift from brandon from btf and i don't think i am gonna use them he said it will take 3 weeks for him to get them done. I got the 1.5 front & 1.0 rear if anyone is interested please lmk. They are already paid for $250 so all you would have to do is pay me and and we will let him know the new address to send them too. Thanks, Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2.25" front spacers

Similarly I have a set of 2.25" spacers for the front that I had powder coated silver but never used since I have Rancho Quick Lifts on the front I cannot combine them with the 2.25" spacer. Let me know if anyone is interested in these. They are ready to ship out! Thanks.

@macknos94

I have an '04 Explorer Eddie Bauer (bone stock 2wd). I am looking to level and lift for a more aggressive appearance. I've read your post however, I am still not sure the recommended applications will give me "the look" I'm going for. Do you have any pics relative to your recommendations?

I have an '04 Explorer Eddie Bauer (bone stock 2wd). I am looking to level and lift for a more aggressive appearance. I've read your post however, I am still not sure the recommended applications will give me "the look" I'm going for. Do you have any pics relative to your recommendations?

The '3rd Gen Pic' thread sticky at the top of the modified forums has 400+ pages of excellent resources.

I have a 2002 sport trac and I have a 3" body lift I will be putting on very soon. I have 20" after market rims and I can get a set of tires that are 275/60/20, will these fit without trimming? I really don't want to trim at all...

Hey, guys. I've finally reached the point where I need to replace tires. I've got a broken rear coil, so I'll be replacing those. If I buy stock replacement strut/coil assemblies for rear, and Quicklift assemblies for front, should that level the truck and give it a better look? If so, what's the biggest tire I can fit. I'm not upgrading rims...I like the stock rims ok and don't want to spend more if I can keep from it.

I'll be replacing ball joints, too, since it will be apart and they've got 123,000 miles on them.

Okay... I read thru the posts really quickly and some other forums... I have what may sound like a silly question. I was asking a couple people about lifting my '05 XLT... not wanting anything major... just 3" and getting bigger tires but the guys I have spoken with have all said they weren't sure it was gonna work with the AdvancTrac?? I work at a Toyota dealership and they just give me crap about my Ford rather then give me anything useful to work with and I'm just learning this all, I did ask the guy that installed my new tranny today, he also, while being a 4 wheeler himself and loved the idea of a chick wanting to mod her rig the way I do, expressed concerns on the AdvancTrac... and being a girl they all say I'll get sold stuff I don't need at the 4X4 shop if I go ask advice there... I just want to know if it will cause issues as I've been warned it may, if not what is the best way to go about it? I want to prove all those 'yota loving boys at work wrong ;)

Hey guys maybe you can help me. I have an 04 explorer 2wd v6 automatic, any one know of a lift i could get. I got 265/65/17 on it now which is like 30/10.50/17 I would like to go 2-3 inches higher any help, thanks

Okay... I read thru the posts really quickly and some other forums... I have what may sound like a silly question. I was asking a couple people about lifting my '05 XLT... not wanting anything major... just 3" and getting bigger tires but the guys I have spoken with have all said they weren't sure it was gonna work with the AdvancTrac?? I work at a Toyota dealership and they just give me crap about my Ford rather then give me anything useful to work with and I'm just learning this all, I did ask the guy that installed my new tranny today, he also, while being a 4 wheeler himself and loved the idea of a chick wanting to mod her rig the way I do, expressed concerns on the AdvancTrac... and being a girl they all say I'll get sold stuff I don't need at the 4X4 shop if I go ask advice there... I just want to know if it will cause issues as I've been warned it may, if not what is the best way to go about it? I want to prove all those 'yota loving boys at work wrong ;)

Well BTF makes coil spacers anywhere from 1.25 - 2.25" a 2.0" spacer would net you around 3" of lift. Most people run 2.25 Front 1.75 Rear. You can reach BTF at 909-702-7462. Body lift you can do the 3" body lift they dont make one specificly for an Explorer but this will work with slight modification http://www.ebay.com/itm/PA-3-Body-Lift-Kit-883-Ford-Ranger-Splash-1998-2000-/120803349475?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2070d3e3&vxp=mtr
Also Rancho makes Quick-Lifts for the explorers generally 1.5" Front 1.25 Rear. They're the most expensive at around $700-$800.

If I were you your best bet would be the do the $50 1.5" Body Lift (I'll post the link bellow) and the 1.5 F 1.25 R BTF spacer so you would have around 3.5" - 3.75" of lift for $300 and not put too much stress on anything. This option is what I'm doing.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012
Hope this was of some help!

Hey guys maybe you can help me. I have an 04 explorer 2wd v6 automatic, any one know of a lift i could get. I got 265/65/17 on it now which is like 30/10.50/17 I would like to go 2-3 inches higher any help, thanks

Your best bet is the 1.5" Body lift. It only costs $50 and takes about 8 hours to do. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012. This is just my opinion but look at the post above this one for more information

Well BTF makes coil spacers anywhere from 1.25 - 2.25" a 2.0" spacer would net you around 3" of lift. Most people run 2.25 Front 1.75 Rear. You can reach BTF at 909-702-7462. Body lift you can do the 3" body lift they dont make one specificly for an Explorer but this will work with slight modification http://www.ebay.com/itm/PA-3-Body-Lift-Kit-883-Ford-Ranger-Splash-1998-2000-/120803349475?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2070d3e3&vxp=mtr
Also Rancho makes Quick-Lifts for the explorers generally 1.5" Front 1.25 Rear. They're the most expensive at around $700-$800.

If I were you your best bet would be the do the $50 1.5" Body Lift (I'll post the link bellow) and the 1.5 F 1.25 R BTF spacer so you would have around 3.5" - 3.75" of lift for $300 and not put too much stress on anything. This option is what I'm doing.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012
Hope this was of some help!

Thank you... everyone else looked at me like I was crazy and stuff... I mean I am... but I was sure there'd be something I could do even with the AdvancTrac... I will be looking into all of that and start my shopping list.:D

wheel fitment

Good day everyone, i have question about wheel fitment to go on my 03 ex with stock height and 245/65/17 tires. Will the 17x8 5x4.5 +10 offset and 4.89 backspacing fit without any mods? I am currently running stock 17 wheels, 245/65/17 tires and 1.5" hub centric wheel spacers without any rub at all. I need rims soon, mine are flaking off so bad.

Good day everyone, i have question about wheel fitment to go on my 03 ex with stock height and 245/65/17 tires. Will the 17x8 5x4.5 +10 offset and 4.89 backspacing fit without any mods? I am currently running stock 17 wheels, 245/65/17 tires and 1.5" hub centric wheel spacers without any rub at all. I need rims soon, mine are flaking off so bad.

They should fit without any problems. The 245/65/17 is about 29.5" overall diameter and about 9.5" wide. I'm running 255/70/16's (30.05" tall and 10" wide) with a 16 x 8 and a 0 offset (4" back spacing) with plenty of room. I actually just test fitted a 265/75/16 goodyear duratrac (31.6" tall) with the same 0 offset and it cleared. Your current setup technically has a lower offset than a +10 with that 1.5" adapter. Hope this helps.
Derek

They should fit without any problems. The 245/65/17 is about 29.5" overall diameter and about 9.5" wide. I'm running 255/70/16's (30.05" tall and 10" wide) with a 16 x 8 and a 0 offset (4" back spacing) with plenty of room. I actually just test fitted a 265/75/16 goodyear duratrac (31.6" tall) with the same 0 offset and it cleared. Your current setup technically has a lower offset than a +10 with that 1.5" adapter. Hope this helps.
Derek

Great, thanks bud :thumbsup:

Do you think it will fit 265/70/17 duratrac with 17x8 +10 off set rim 4.89 bacspacing no spacer and no lift?

Do you think it will fit 265/70/17 duratrac with 17x8 +10 off set rim 4.89 bacspacing no spacer and no lift?

I actually test fitted a duratrac (265/75R16) before I lifted the truck with my 16x8 0 offset wheels and it cleared. I imagine the +10 may help clearance. I would go for it, if it rubs, it'll be very minor and not even worth trimming because it'll wear a groove in the plastic over time without damaging the truck or the tires, or you could use a heat gun and push it back. I know this isn't a definitive answer but hopefully some help.
Derek

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Been trying to post pics of the wheel and tires that i insalled but font know how to post pics :D

Back