• Register Today It's free!

2002 Eddie Bauer 4x4 explorer

rpcats

Reaction score
City, State
Klamath Falls Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 E. B. Explorer 4x4
I'm experiencing hard shifts....seems if I let off on the gas pedal it shifts... I did read in the owners manual that if and when you have to replace the battery ...the transmission has to relearn the shifting technique...does anyone know this to be true or am I dealing with something else....like a plugged up vacuum module...also it has a 6cyl , automatic tranny , 4x4

Yes, on the computer re-learn after disconnecting the battery. There is no vacuum module on the transmission, it's all electronic. I would however get a scanner and check for any stored transmission codes, hard shifts can indicate the ECM/PCM is commanding max line pressure due to slippage, (indication by shifting only when lifting the accelerator).

Welcome.

Yes, on the computer re-learn after disconnecting the battery. There is no vacuum module on the transmission, it's all electronic. I would however get a scanner and check for any stored transmission codes, hard shifts can indicate the ECM/PCM is commanding max line pressure due to slippage, (indication by shifting only when lifting the accelerator).
Thanks !!! I will get on scanner tomorrow...again THANKS!!!!

Back