2002 Explorer 4.6L Project(s) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer 4.6L Project(s)

I've seen a thread on here that has green LED Halo's within the headlights. I've already searched it up, even went on eBay for pricing.

The problem is: Just for the Halo LED's (pack of 4 halos) is $199.99. I know the Explorer headlight ring is huge and and the Halo’s would make it look sweet, but i dont think ill want to dish out $200 JUST for 4 Circle LED’s??....Is there anywhere else where I can buy them?? say under 100? (Just for the LED Rings)

My Future Installation…In the next 2 months:

1. Black housing headlight with clear corners
hlks-expl02-jdmclks-expl02-jdm-1.jpg

2. Projector Fog Lights w/Green CFFL or LED (Explorer Color: Estate Green Metallic)
Set_with_Green_Light_Angel_Eyes_Green_EG00662050-1.jpg

3. Billet Grille (Chrome) - Upper & Lower
New1.jpg

4. LED TailLights (Lightly Smoked)
alt-yd-fexp02-led-sm-1.jpg

5. SwitchBack LED Turn Signals (White/Amber)
t20dc60wa3157adv4-1.jpg

6. Headlight Halo LED w/Green LED (Explorer Color: Estate Green Metallic) {PRICEY!! :eek: }
eBay20022005FordExplorerHIDHaloXeno-1.jpg

7. Already Have: Pioneer AVH-P4400BH
AVH-P4400BH_angle1-1.jpg

8. AutoPage Remote Starter w/LCD
c3-rs6652w-1.jpg

9. Rearview Camera
sv5420irc-1.jpg

10. (2) Headrest TV’s (Tan Color to match Int.)
cls700x-1.jpg

11. Window Rain Visors
Untitled.jpg

12. 8000k 9006 55W HID's (Headlight)

13. 8000k Fog HID's (Foglight)

14. All Interior Lights = White/Blue (To match with HID’s)

Let me know what ya think...
Will be posting pics in a 2 weeks or so!:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck with the projects. Your Ex is the same color as mine.

Standing by for the pics.......................:popcorn:

I have those exact tail lights you pictured.

bought them online for 140ish

very bright, and they look great...
had to make a small spacer for the mounting screw, But only because my tailgate is tweaked from an asian grandma.

i wish the difference between just being on, and break lights, was a little bit greater.

Maybe cheap LED's within the taillights?
One friend of mine bought a couple led bulbs from http://www.superbrightleds.com/ .... Expensive but way better & brighter than the "china/ebay" bulbs I bought online

Sorry, haven't started on the project yet. I bought my Explorer just about 3 weeks ago, and doing an engine swap. The current one is knocking, but hopefully I can start by Nov.

... 4. LED TailLights (Lightly Smoked) ...

I have those on my 2007 (needed a little coaxing since the mounting holes don't fit a Gen 4 quite right). But they do look great.

... 5. SwitchBack LED Turn Signals (White/Amber) ...

Watch out for those, they don't last too long (year, year and a half). I'm on my 2nd set, and one of them turn on when it wants to (the white section). I'll be going back to regular chrome bulbs when I get around to changing them.

Someone else mentioned SuperbrightLEDs. I used their LED rings with 3 HID Retrofit projects and they do last. Of course that assumes you're going to tear into the headlight assemblies and do a projector retrofit rather than a Plug-and-Play kit. They have them from 60mm (pic below) to 120mm: LED Angel Eye Headlight Accent Lights.
led-car-accent-light-ae60.jpg

... 12. 8000k 9006 55W HID's (Headlight) ...
... 13. 8000k Fog HID's (Foglight) ...

8000K HID may look cool (to some), but they do reduce your visibility substantially over the "normal" 4300K or 5000K.

THANKS!! :D Couldnt find sizes like this anywhere....and yes, Ill be taking it apart and retrofit. Just didnt want to pay $200 for just 4 LED rings

Back