• Register Today It's free!

2002 explorer seat swap

Romonjo

Reaction score
City, State
Strawberry AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
Hey guys quick question about the front seats. I use my 02 Explorer to deliver mail and as of right now I have been sitting on some foam and a pillow that are stuffed where the center console was once located. It has done the job so far, but its getting a little wore out and so heres my question, Can i get a bench seat out of a ranger (Or anything elseĺ and it fit without any or much altercations to the seats or body? Thanks in advance!

Welcome, and that's a wide SUV to deliver with. Can you not reach the pedals at all from the right seat? I delivered last with my 99 Explorer before being forced to use an LLV. I always sat in the right seat with the seat belt on in the Explorers.

I'll let others suggest what possible bench seat might have come in something similar. I don't know of any.

I don't know what seat you have now, but you might look also to find one that is more flat than most models. In the pre-2002 Explorers, the 99-01 was the one that had a flat seat, in the Limited model. Almost everything else has taller side support than the middle of the seats. Good luck,

Back