2002 Expo 4.6 mod questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reaction score
City, State
BUFORD, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V8 4x4.
Since we have the 4.6 can we do any mods the mustangs use?

I want to get pulleys, an intake manifold, upper intake, Throttle body, bigger MAF housing, bigger injectors. and ill probably make an e-fan by using the other posts on here as my guide. I was just wondering if any one has these parts and which brands i should be looking at?

thanks!

almost anything that works on a 4.6l mustang can be adapted with out much difficulty to be used on the 4.6l explorer. Aftermarket intake manifolds will either require some trimming on the bottom of them to clear the explorers Knock sensors, or to remove the knock sensors and have them tuned out. The intake elbow requires that a hole be drilled and a threaded NPT nipple be attached for the brake booster line, And the throttle bodys (so long as you are an 02-03) are all compatable with no mods. Other bolt ons like UDP's (steedas 99-01 kit fits) are also compatable. The injectors will swap right on but will also require a tune. A good rule of thumb for performance parts is "if its cheap, its cheap for a reason" Go with large name brands if for no other reason that if there is a problem they will stand by their product. If you want specifics about what fits PM me, i have done just about every bolt on you can do with these trucks.

Back