Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2002 Ford Explorer Anti Theft Problem

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by jeff5, April 27, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. jeff5

jeff5 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 Ford Explorer
    Hi Everyone,

My Theft system is engaged and won't disengage. Here is what I've tried so far.

-Putting the key in the ignition and simply turning it. (Worked once, won't work again)
    -Putting the key in and turning on the lights then trying to start it. (Worked once won't work again)
    -Disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. (Didn't work)
    -Pressing 7/8 9/0 on the keyless entry to arm it. (Does nothing)

Aside from taking it into Ford or a mechanic, I'm stumped. Does anyone have other suggestions? Thanks!

Jeff

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. rickybobby

rickybobby Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Battle Creek, mi
    '97 XLT
    You may end up having to take it to Ford or a good lock smith. I have yet to see an aftermarket scan tool that can get into the anti-theft system, but that doesn't mean there aren't some out there that will. A good locksmith will have software to access the key programming, but probably cant access the theft system codes either.

4. geobug

geobug New Member

City, State:
    Las Vegas, NV
    2003 XLT 4.6L 4WD
    Speaking of engaging....my 4x4 light was engaged and would not turn off no matter what. Turned out it was a blown fuse. The light staying ON was telling me to change its corresponding fuse. Just a thought, maybe you can check your fuse, never know!