Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2002 Ford Explorer Mirrors

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by logan.d122, July 18, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. logan.d122

logan.d122 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '02 Ford Explorer Limited
    I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited and i recently ruined them with Goof-Off. I was looking online at ##################.com for some new ones and found a set or both driver and passenger for $111.03 with no tax and free shipping. I also saw some with power folding. Now my question is, since my explorer didnt come with factory power folding mirrors can i still put some on that will power fold? there is no switch for power folding in the car. I dont want to get them if there are not going to work because they are $120 each.

Thanks

P.S. DO NOT USE GOOF-OFF ON YOUR PLASTIC TRIM!!!!!

2. Support EF

Special! - 2 Year Elite membership now through July 24 $20!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jghake

jghake Member

City, State:
    Washington
    1983 F250 HD 4x4
    You would probably have to wire a switch for the folding mirrors.

Do you have any local junkyards that may have mirrors? That might be cheaper.

4. blueoval9erlifer

blueoval9erlifer Active Member

City, State:
    OAK HILL, KANSAS
    04 explorer XLT
    Some people on here talk about putting 4th gen mirrors on, they bolt right up but are supposed to give you better field of vision through them..